Chris Kozaczka is a Senior Tax Manager at The RMR Group. The company oversees alternative asset management for a variety of individuals from investors and brokers to buyers and tenants. Kozaczka’s professional experiences in Taxation and Investing complement each other effectively under this role.
Chris Kozaczka’s unique background in Tax Management and Real Estate Investments prepared him substantially for his role as Senior Tax Manager at The RMR Group. The position brings the two realms together in a manner he couldn’t have imagined earlier into his career.
Founded in 1986, The RMR Group is a holding company that specializes in alternative asset management. More specifically, the company invests in and manages real estate-related businesses. As of 2018, The RMR Group is responsible for managing:
- 6 real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- 3 real estate operating companies
- 1 real estate securities mutual fund
- 1 commercial real estate finance firm
The RMR Group’s portfolio of managed properties has expanded exponentially in recent years. The company caters to a plethora of REITs and Operating Companies, while internally maintaining two subsidiaries: RMR Advisors LLC and Tremont Realty Capital.
Current clients and managed REITs of The RMR Group include:
- Hospitality Properties Trust (524 hotels and retail properties in the US and Canada)
- Senior Housing Properties Trust (443 senior citizen communities and medical buildings)
- Select Income REIT (367 buildings of leasable single-tenant properties)
- Government Properties Income Trust (105 government-inhabited offices)
- Industrial Logistics Properties Trust (267 industrial and logistics properties)
- Tremont Mortgage Trust (real estate finance company)
Chris Kozaczka’s independent work as a Real Estate Investor has prepared him with an expert understanding of the processes carried out by The RMR Group. He couldn’t have been a better fit for the role of Senior Tax Manager within the company. This particular experience has expanded his understanding on the process of securing and managing real estate and property. The work he has accomplished independently translates effectively to his Senior Tax Manager position at The RMR Group. Although his Real Estate Investor experience may have developed on a much smaller scale, he entered The RMR Group with a specialized understanding of the company’s overall process.